Happy New Year!!
This year has gone so quickly! It literally seems like 2 minutes ago I was writing this same post for 2016.
It’s been a mixed year in terms of my personal life to be honest. There’s been lots of highs and lows. I’ve switched jobs twice and now I’m in a job I love, moved to Leeds, then got a new house in Doncaster (more on that here), passed my driving test and bought a car. I’ve struggled with anxiety, stress and exhaustion (mainly due to the job I had, driving in Leeds for 15 hours a day is not fun!) and then the progression of my granddad’s illness (He suffers from Alzheimer’s : I explain more about that in this post). The one thing that’s got me through these shitty times is Dan. I don’t want to be that person who feels the need to plaster their love for their partner all over the internet, but I really want to acknowledge just how supportive he’s been through all of this. I’m so thankful for this, and I’m very lucky to have him in my life. 2016 has been a good year for making new friends too, I’m going to do a blog post on that soon (meeting friends in the strangest circumstances).
It’s been a mixed year in terms of my blog too. I’ve had burst of posting and then had periods where I don’t post much. (You can check out reasons why I’m a shit blogger here) I’ve become a lot more open on my blog this year, and started talking about more personal topics and things in my life that I struggle with. This was such an intimidating thing to do, especially knowing how cruel people can be on the internet and being aware of who is following my blog, but I’m so glad I did it. I had such a lot of support from people and a lot of people tell me that the posts have helped them which far outweighs any negativity. I’ve also really enjoyed my Book Review Sunday series, and I’m going to carry this on, I’ve even started a little book diary so I can keep track of all the books I’m reading.
So these were my goals this time last year:
- Blogging – Plan more, better pictures and more videos. Do a “make it with me series” and a “recipe of the week series”. Keep on top of a blogging schedule: This one kind of worked out, I did plan more and take better pictures. I stopped filming when I moved as I didn’t have the time with my new job and had nowhere suitable to film. The make it with me series and the recipe series did fall through due to not having a lot of time.
- Pass my driving test: This one I achieved! Learning to drive, and actually driving was one of the most stressful things I’ve ever done, but it’s being able to drive and having a car has been brilliant and given me a lot more opportunities.
- Loose a little bit of weight and exercise more (standard!): Again kind of half and half with this one. I’m like a turkey, I fatten up for Christmas!
- Try some more beauty brands: I have most certainly achieved this one!
- Keep on top of my skincare routine and don’t get lazy : Other then a few occasions I have pretty much stuck to this one
- Complete my teaching assistant course: I haven’t completed my course, with everything going on it kind of took a back seat. But I do have a job in education so I have achieved this in a way
- Move house: I moved house (into a house share which was not the original goal, but I’m counting it!) and now I’m moving into my own house with Dan in the next few weeks.
- Make my new house into a home.
- Eat healthier, exercise more. (This is a standard year to year one!)
- Do more creative projects
- Start up my little business again. (More on that in another post!)
- Be more consistent with posting. (GoDaddy have just charged me £75 to renew my domain name and website so that’s a good motivation!)
- Start making videos again.
- Keep up book review Sunday posts
- Post more craft/ DIY projects
- Post more food related posts
- Preschedule posts
Obviously this list of goals is on-going and will probably be added to as the year progresses and life changes. I hope all you guys enjoyed this post, and thank you so much for sticking with me this year. I had a look at my stats today and I couldn’t believe just how many of you have visited over the last year! Let me know how 2016 was for you in the comments and any goals and dreams you have for 2017. Happy New Year!!!