Happy 1st of November guys!
I haven’t done a recipe post for ages, as I’m normally too greedy and eat my food and forget to photograph it, but on this occasion I remembered! I had a load of random veg in the fridge, so I thought I’d do a little experiment and it turned out quite well. I know the picture probably doesn’t look that great, but it tasted yummy!
The great thing about this dish is you can just chop and change to what veg you like, and it’s super easy. I used
- 1 butternut squash
- Mushrooms (no idea how much, I just chucked them in)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Pepper
- I also wanted to add courgette to this, but forgot to buy some!
- 2 baking potatoes sliced
- 1 sweet potato sliced
- half a mozzarella ball
- A sprinkle of cheddar ( I probably used more then a sprinkle! but you can adjust it to taste)
- A sprinkle or parmesan cheese (Again, I used more then a sprinkle)
For the sauce:
- A tin of chopped tomatos
- Garlic powder
- 1 Oxo cube
- A handful of pine nuts.
- So chop up all your veg into chunks/ slices , then pop the butternut squash into the over to roast first (I find this normally takes a bit longer) for 5-10 minutes, then add the rest to roast for another 10 minutes. I had the oven on 200.
- While your roasting your veg, pop your potato’s onto boil for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Mix the sauce up in a bowl, and adjust the spices to your taste.
- Mix the sauce into the veg, then lay the slices of potato on top
- Sprinkle your cheese’s on top and bake for another 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted, the potato’s are crisping.
And it’s that easy. I can’t wait to make this dish again, plus its a lovely Autumn/ Winter comfort food!
If you decide to give this recipe a go let me know how it turned out! 🙂