Today WordPress emailed me and informed me it had been 4 years since I signed up to WordPress.
It hasn’t been 4 years since this blog has been running, (I started using this site on in May 2014) but I guess somewhere along the line I signed up to WordPress 4 years ago. I’ve had many blogs, but I never really connected with them the way I have this one. Although I’m a pretty rubbish blogger sometimes, I love my blog and I’m very proud of it and how it’s grown. I’ve gone from having a basic Wordpress site, a handful of followers, and some really cringe photo’s, to having a really pretty layout (courtesy of my incredibly talented boyfriend), regular commenters, followers and new friends, and views from all over the world.
So today I thought I’d do a post on my top five favourite posts and the things I love about blogging. If you want to read my favourite post’s just click on the title.
- Why Do Women Hate Other Women When It Comes To Men. : This is one of my favourite post’s simply because of the reaction it got, and it’s also one of my most viewed posts to date. The idea came from a YouTube video I watched and it’s not a topic I’d seen a lot of post’s on. I like the fact this post is a little controversial, and people could relate to it. The post even got some slightly patronising comments about my own relationship and living in the past blah blah.(Posted under a false name, but I’ve changed that now : If you have opinions please use a real name and stand by them!) But I really don’t mind that, I like to post things that make people think, and this was the first time I’d actually drawn on my own life experience and got a little personal on my blog. I still stand by everything I said in that post, and I’d love it if people could pop over and read and comment your own thoughts.
- My Experience With Alzheimer’s : Again this was a very personal blog post, but something I’m so passionate about raising awareness about. Alzheimers is a horrible disease and something that I think needs to be talked about more, which is why I decided to post this one.
- My Experience With Anxiety : Yet another personal post (Are you sensing a theme here?) This was possibly the hardest post I’ve ever written and I was so scared to post it. But the response I got was kinder and more amazing then I could of imagined. The post encouraged people to share their stories with me, and a had a few people message me saying the post had helped them which was amazing.
- Get Ready With Me : Subtle Smokey Eye : Back in the day’s I used to do videos ( I haven’t done any for ages but I really want to start again!), this was the first “Get Ready With Me” I did. I was really pleased with the comments I got on this video and it’s still one of my favourite looks to wear. I’m by no means an expert when it comes to make up, it’s just a hobby so to get so many compliments was lovely.
- My Top Ten Tips For New Bloggers : This was so much fun to write, as it was a great chance to reflect on what I’ve learnt from blogging, and when I just started out I used to read these kind of posts all the time for inspiration.
I love blogging, and even though I’m a bit rubbish at posting regularly (For those of you who I see returning to my blog a lot, you can subscribe to email alerts to be notified when I post 🙂 ) it’s something I love to do. It’s awesome to be able to have an outlet for things I’m passionate about, whats on my mind and topics I find interesting. I’ve met some amazing friends through blogging too, who I’m really close to. Thank you so much to all of you who come back to visit regularly and leave lovely comments, it really does make my day. Here’s to another 4 years and more!