Hi guys, welcome back to my blog!
I’m currently in London with my other half so this is a pre-scheduled post which I wrote the other day in a burst of inspiration.
I thought I’d do a little list of my top ten tips for new bloggers. I’ve been speaking to a few people recently who’ve said they’d like to start a blog, but have no idea where to start so I thought this would be a fun topic. Just remember I am in no way an expert on blogging, these are just little things I’ve learnt along the way.
- Don’t be scared. – Yes starting a blog can be a little intimidating, but just take a leap of faith. You could test the waters by posting a little into about yourself and what you want your blog to be about. Or you could do a full post straight away. You’ll never know unless you try
- Don’t try and stick to one genre – Post about whatever you want to post about, and write about anything and everything that interests you. It shows readers a real person behind your blog and makes it interesting.
- Be true to yourself – Don’t write about things just for views or likes. Write about things that genuinely interest you and don’t feel you have to fit into a certain mould to make your blog a success. Readers will be able to tell if you’re being fake.
- Don’t force yourself to post – If you don’t want to post then you don’t have to. Writing because you feel like you need to will result in sloppy looking posts. Blogging is meant to be fun, so don’t put yourself under pressure if you want a break. You don’t have to post every single day.
- Don’t be disheartened if you don’t get a lot of views straight away – Blogs take time and patience to build up, it’s not something that will happen overnight.
- Play around with your blog layout – You’ll never be 100% happy with the first layout you have. As your blog grows and evolves you’ll have a better idea of how you want your blog to look. No pressure!
- Make notes and plan content- I find that making notes before a post really helps me to get into the flow of a post. Also planning and pre-scheduling posts helps take the pressure off when you’re not really feeling it.
- Make an effort with photo’s – Nice photo’s give a blog a professional look and will appeal to readers.
- Think about how you want to publicise your blog on social media – Or if you want to at all? Personally I never post my blog to Facebook and prefer twitter. If you’re interested on getting connected with other bloggers you can join BlogLovin
- Don’t feed the trolls – We will all have or will have them at some point. People who may stalk your blog, or people passing by who have nothing better to do then be rude. Either respond with a smile or don’t respond at all. It’s not worth rising to, you can’t reason with people who want to be that way. Remember your blog is your own and it doesn’t matter what passing trolls may think (or even not think in some cases)
And that’s my top ten tips! New bloggers let me know if this helped, and old bloggers let me know if you have anything to add. xx